This page will eventually contain descriptions of each and every character I write about. I am also trying to find someone to draw me a sketch or something of each character as well, so I can add their pictures to their descriptions. Check back later!
While ya'll are waiting for me to actually get the characters page up and running, here's a meme I did about 10 of my characters. Let me know what you think!
First, select your ten fictional characters (from any medium) by whichever method you like best. Then answer the questions below.
1. Aldon Baucher
2. Cystenn Roledan
3. Kael Maker
4. Tiyana Caldwell
6. Lady Thera
7. Lord D’Thalla
9. Ser Freddic
10. Lord Illun
1. Divide the list up by even and odd. Which group of five would make a better Five Man Band (like a Power Rangers team)? Who would you slot in each position: Leader, Lancer (second-in-command), Big Guy, Smart Guy, The Chick? If you think the team would be improved by swapping one character between the even and odd groups, which ones would you switch?
Group A: Cystenn, Tiyana, Lady Thera, Mince, and Lord Illun
Group B: Aldon, Kael, Ha’Tera, Lord D’Thalla, and Ser Freddic
Leader: Lady Thera (She’s so pushy, this is the only role she’d accept!)
Big Guy: Tiyana
Smart Guy: Lord Illun
Chick: Cystenn (C’mon! He’s much more of a girl than Tiyana.)
Leader: Ser Freddic
Big Guy: Lord D’Thalla
Smart Guy: Kael
Chick: Ha’Tera (It kinda works. :/ )
Well, if I had to switch some of them, it’d definitely be Ha’Tera and Tiyana. Don’t get me wrong, Tiyana is a strong girl and all, but Ha’Tera as “The Chick” just isn’t a perfect fit for me. Especially since he’s a kind of body guard.
2. Gender-swap 2, 8 & 10. Which character would have the most change in their story arc? Which the least? Would any of these characters have to have a complete personality change to be believable as the opposite sex?
Lord Illun, Cystenn, and Mince
Lord Illun would have the most change in his story arc. The way he was created was with the mindset of a man, albeit an older man, but a man, nonetheless.
Cystenn, however, would not really change any. Haha!
I don’t think Mince would have to change completely to be a believable woman, but some things certainly would. Being a woman would really mess up Lord Illun’s personality, I believe.
3. Compare the matchups of 1 & 8 and 5 & 9. Which couple would be more compatible? Which couple would be more plausible to people from either principal's home culture?
Aldon and Mince vs Ha’Tera and Ser Freddic.
I don’t think either of these couple would be very good. Though, Aldon and Mince have the best shot at it, what with Aldon having respect for Mince’s position in Vlamiser. Ha’Tera and Ser Freddic would be like cats fighting over territory, in my mind. Too many racial differences, moral differences, and age is also a factor.
I suppose Aldon and Mince would be the most plausible couple, seeing as Vlamiser doesn’t really give two hoots about who you are with, or how. They are an open minded race, though the older someone is, you can definitely tell whether or not they’ve embraced the changing world’s morals and outlooks on life.
Ha’Tera and Ser Freddic have a lot going against them. The interracial aspect is the biggest strike against them, seeing as how the elves blame the vampires for, not only the death of their king, but also the destruction of their region. The fact that this would make them a “non-traditional” couple is also a strike against them. There are same sex couples in Gla’nnara, but they are not “out”. Gla’nnara wants to keep tradition alive, but it’s slipping away from that hold with each passing year. Eventually you have to give up trying to hold on to something no one wants anymore.
4. Your team is 3, 4 & 9. The mission consists of a social challenge, a mental challenge and a physical challenge. Which team member do you assign to each challenge?
Kael, Tiyana, and Ser Freddic.
Easily, Tiyana is given the social challenge, Ser Freddic is given the mental challenge, and Kael is given the physical challenge. I’m sure, given the need, they could switch their positions, though I think this is the strongest position for each of them to be in.
5. 7 becomes 1's boss for a week in some plausible fashion. How's their working relationship?
Lord D’Thalla as Aldon’s boss.
Considering Lord D’Thalla rarely speaks to anyone other than Lady Thera, it would be a complicated working relationship, especially if there were very important tasks that required a lot of help and communication.
6. 2 finds him/her/itself inserted into 6's continuity. As far as anyone other than 2 or 6 is concerned, they've always been there. What role would 2 be presumed to have had in 6's story, and could they fit in without going wonky?
Cystenn into Lady Thera’s continuity.
Cystenn already has a place in Lady Thera’s story, or, actually, it’s the other way around. Without Lady Thera, Cystenn would not have his magical abilities, and without Cystenn, Lady Thera would not have gone through what she did at the fall of Gla’nnara.
7. 3 and 5 get three wishes. The catch is that they have to agree on all three wishes before they get the benefits of any of them. What three wishes would they make?
Kael and Ha’Tera.
First wish: That the person they love is safe and with them forever.
Second wish: That Aldon had never entered the picture.
Third wish: To be given the means to live happy, protected, and comfortable with the person they love and their families (as well as to be given the option of having a family).
Surprisingly, Kael and Ha’Tera are a lot alike.
8. 1 and 2 are brainwashed by a one-time artifact that works even on people immune to mind control to attack and kill 4. They keep their normal personality, skills and competence level, except any Code vs. Killing has been turned off. Can 4 survive? How?
Aldon and Cystenn are brainwashed and try to kill Tiyana.
Well….Tiyana could take Cystenn, with some difficulty, due to his magic, but she would survive. Against Aldon, however, it would take everything she had and a little she doesn’t to win against him. She would not last.
9. 6, 7, 9 & 10 must help an orphanage full of small and depressed children have a merry Christmas. Who does what, knowing that at the very least the kids will be expecting a visit from Santa?
Lady Thera, Lord D’Thalla, Ser Freddic, and Lord Illun.
Well, this is assuming that any of these characters know what Christmas is. Let's call it an AU.
Lady Thera would take over the role of loving storyteller, cookie baker, and hug monster. She may be a hardened mage, but children are her weakness. Lord D’Thalla would provide assistance with decorating and wrapping presents, but only at Lady Thera’s command, and even then, he probably wouldn’t interact with the children. Ser Freddic would try his damnedest to interact with the children and make everything wonderful for them, but when it comes down to it, Ser Freddic is a bit frightening with his harsh voice and cold disposition. Lord Illun would be the most loved, if only because he is the one that would play Santa.
10. 3 and 8 are challenged to circumnavigate the Earth in eighty days or less, using only forms of transportation invented before 1900. Can they do it, or will they be fatally distracted by sidequests or their own personality conflicts?
Kael and Mince.
Kael, while he would be up for the challenge, would probably end up half way before he found a reason to stay put for long enough to make him lose the deadline. Mince would not even take the time to consider such a quest. He has far too much to think about with Vlamiser’s industry on his hands.